Face cream, shower gel, make-up, body lotion, handwash, perfume, scrubs, mouthwash, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, sanitary wipes, deodorant, condoms…
Cosmetics and body care
Microplastics (microbeads) - scrubs, toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo and cosmetics
- Does your product contain microplastics (microbeads) and if so, have you made a commitment to replace them with biodegradable alternatives by a certain date?
Chemicals – cosmetics, shampoo, deodorant, handwash, toothpaste, mouthwash, body lotion and sanitary wipes
- Do you use endocrine-disrupting parabens in your creams/deodorants/shampoos/cosmetics/sanitary wipes and if so, can you assure me that you are planning to phase them out by a certain date?
- Can you assure me that your perfumes and make-up do not contain any endocrine disrupting phthalates as detailed on the International Chemical Secretariat’s ‘SIN’ list?
- Can you assure me that your handwash, toothpaste, mouthwash or face powder does not contain any endocrine disrupting antibacterial agents such as triclosan?
Palm oil – lipstick, shampoo, soap
- Has your palm oil been certified by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)?
- Can you also assure me that no human rights abuses have occurred on the palm plantations you source your oil from, in particular that no child or forced labour is used?
Rubber – condoms
- Has any habitat, especially forest, been cleared to make way for the rubber plantations you source your rubber from?
- Are the rubber plantations managed responsibly where trees are carefully tapped to ensure longevity, with new trees replacing those at the end of their productivity?
- Have land tenure rights and food security been adversely affected by the rubber plantation you source your rubber from?
- Are any chemicals used to grow the rubber you use and how do you manage water use sustainably?
- Are you working with the Sustainable Natural Rubber Initiative (SNR-i)?